Towing Commission Survey – The Towing Commission has a survey out to get feedback from City residents. The survey can be found here: https://goo.gl/forms/DAnCkoOA9QFGbGyp2. The next Towing Commission meeting is December 10th.
Emmet Streetscape Steering Committee – The Emmet Streetscape Steering Committee is meeting on December 19th. If you are interested in participating, email FSNA President Brian Becker for an invitation: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Temporary Emmet Street Closure – As a part of the ongoing waterline project along Ivy Road, Emmet Street, and Sprigg Lane, a portion of Emmet Street will be closed December 19, 2018 through January 14, 2019. The closure of Emmet Street will run from Ivy Road south to the McCormick Road Bridge, with access to Sprigg Lane provided through the work zone.
Charlottesville Police Department Annual Toy Drive – The Charlottesville Police Department is excited to announce that they are in the holiday spirit and collecting toys for their annual toy drive. They are seeking your assistance in extending the holiday spirit to the children in our community. Please consider donating a new unwrapped toy or making a monetary donation that will benefit a child in one of our city’s neighborhoods on December 20th. A decorated donation box will be placed in the lobby near the Services Division window at CPD starting November 30th until December 18th at 5pm where toys can be dropped off. If you wish to make a monetary donation, please make checks payable to The Charlottesville Police Foundation.
Leaf Season is Here – The City of Charlottesville offers residents two options for free curbside lead collection:
- Bagged Leaf Collection (weekly) or
- Loose Leaf Collection (twice – see map at: http://www.charlottesville.org/home/showdocument?id=63025)
- More information can be found at the City’s Leaf Collection webpage: http://www.charlottesville.org/departments-and-services/departments-h-z/public-works/public-service/leaf-collection.
Free Smoke Alarms – The Charlottesville Fire Department offers free inspections and smoke alarms. Call 434-970-3245 to arrange an appointment.
Home Improvement Incentives, Credits and Rebates
- A list of current federal and state programs is available on the DSIRE website: http://programs.dsireusa.org/system/program?zipcode=22901.
- LEAP’s webpage of incentives and rebates for residential energy efficiency improvements: http://leap-va.org/tips/incentives-and-rebates-for-residential-energy-efficiency-improvements-in-virginia/.
- City of Charlottesville rebates: http://www.charlottesville.org/departments-and-services/departments-h-z/utilities/charlottesville-gas/rebates
MyCville App -MyCville is a simple and intuitive online and smart phone application that enables the residents of Charlottesville to request services and identify quality of life and environmental issues and report them to the appropriate department for quick resolution. Learn more at: http://www.charlottesville.org/community/mycville-service-request.
Charlottesville City Crime Map – The new crime map can be accessed at: https://gisweb.charlottesville.org/CrimeMap/. You can enter your zip code at the upper left to zoom into your neighborhood and select a range of dates on the upper right.
Next Scheduled Meeting: January 9th, 2019