- Parking zone that defines the hours of restrictions is requested and approved by City Council for the area.
- Residents collect signatures of the majority of property owners on the street requesting the study.
- Study finds that the majority of the cars during the proposed times of restrictions do not belong to the residents.
- Then, permit parking can be implemented.
Trail Improvements Underway – The City has contracted to have a trail cut in along the old farm road on the new parkland across from Azalea Park. The trail being built/improved utilizes portions of an old farm road and is being built for proper drainage a safe tread. It will be 3-4 feet wide, natural surface. No live trees are being removed for construction and the alignment was chosen to avoid the roots of large trees as much as feasible. There is also an effort to remove invasive autumn olive shrubs and vines from trees on the property. Singletrack/AT style trails in the upper portions of the property will be planned and built in a later phase. For questions or comments, please call Chris Gensic – Charlottesville Parks Department: 970-3656.
City Calendar of Community Meetings & Events: https://www.
City Operations Website – The City of Charlottesville maintains an interactive web map of active projects: https://gisweb.
Home Improvement Incentives, Credits and Rebates
- A list of current federal and state programs is available on the DSIRE website: http://programs.
- LEAP’s webpage of incentives and rebates for residential energy efficiency improvements: http://leap-va.
org/tips/incentives-and- rebates-for-residential- energy-efficiency- improvements-in-virginia/. New this year is their No Cost Home Weatherization program with income-qualified homeowners (and renters with property owner approval) in the City eligible for up to $5,000 in energy efficiency upgrades!
- City of Charlottesville rebates: http://www.
charlottesville.org/ departments-and-services/ departments-h-z/utilities/ charlottesville-gas/rebates
MyCville App -MyCville is a simple and intuitive online and smart phone application that enables the residents of Charlottesville to request services and identify quality of life and environmental issues and report them to the appropriate department for quick resolution. Learn more at: http://www.
Charlottesville City Crime Map – The new crime map can be accessed at: https://gisweb.