Leaf Season is Here – The City of Charlottesville offers residents two options for free curbside lead collection:
- Bagged Leaf Collection (weekly) or
- Loose Leaf Collection (twice – see map at: http://www.charlottesville.org/home/showdocument?id=63025)
- More information can be found at the City’s Leaf Collection webpage: http://www.charlottesville.org/departments-and-services/departments-h-z/public-works/public-service/leaf-collection.
Want to Get Involved in your City? Apply to be on a board or commission! The City provides a wide variety of Boards and Commissions that encourage members to participate in discussions that affect and shape the future of our City. We believe it is not only the right, but the responsibility of interested and capable citizens to become engaged in local government policy by advising the Mayor and City Council on important community-related issues. Serving on a Board or Commission is an excellent way to make a personal contribution to Charlottesville’s growth and can be a rewarding experience for everyone!
City Council is currently accepting applications for the following openings on boards and commissions:
- Building Code Board of Appeals
- Citizen Transportation Advisory Committee
- Community Development Block Grant Task Force (Rose Hill Neighborhood Representative)
- Community Policy and Management Team (Private Provider Representative and Parent Representative)
- Housing Advisory Committee (Banker Position & Citizen At Large)
- Human Rights Commission
- Parks & Recreation Advisory Committee
- PLACE Design Task Force (CAT Advisory Board Representatives)
- Region 10 Community Board
- Retirement Commission (City of Charlottesville Employee At-large, City Resident and City Resident with Money Management Experience)
- Rivanna River Basin Commission (City Resident)
- Rivanna Solid Waste Authority (Joint City/County Appointment)
- Rivanna Water and Sewer Authority (Joint City/ County Appointment)
- Social Services Advisory Board
- Towing Advisory Board (Alternative Citizen Representative)
- Vendor Appeals Board
- Water Resources Protection Program Advisory Committee
- Youth Council
The deadline to submit an application is November 13, 2018. Learn more and apply at: www.charlottesville.org/boards
Home Improvement Incentives, Credits and Rebates
- A list of current federal and state programs is available on the DSIRE website: http://programs.dsireusa.org/system/program?zipcode=22901.
- LEAP’s webpage of incentives and rebates for residential energy efficiency improvements: http://leap-va.org/tips/incentives-and-rebates-for-residential-energy-efficiency-improvements-in-virginia/.
- City of Charlottesville rebates: http://www.charlottesville.org/departments-and-services/departments-h-z/utilities/charlottesville-gas/rebates
MyCville App -MyCville is a simple and intuitive online and smart phone application that enables the residents of Charlottesville to request services and identify quality of life and environmental issues and report them to the appropriate department for quick resolution. Learn more at: http://www.charlottesville.org/community/mycville-service-request.
Charlottesville City Crime Map – The new crime map can be accessed at: https://gisweb.charlottesville.org/CrimeMap/. You can enter your zip code at the upper left to zoom into your neighborhood and select a range of dates on the upper right.
Next Scheduled Meeting: November 14th, 2018 – Invited guests will be Shimp Engineering staff, to give a presentation on the Belleview Special Use Permit application and to answer questions about the project.